Health & Safety Officer
- 19 Sep 2023
- Permanent / Full Time
The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Main Building Contractor complies with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and company policies. The successful candidate will be required to implement and maintain effective Health and Safety systems, policies, procedures and training programs. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the company's Health and Safety policies and procedures, ensuring they are compliant with current legislation and best practices.
- Conduct risk assessments and assist in the development of risk management strategies to reduce and control risks to the workforce and the public.
- Conduct site inspections and audits to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and company policies.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near-misses, providing recommendations and implementing corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Liaise with the client, design team, and other stakeholders on all Health and Safety matters, providing guidance and support where necessary.
- Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety documentation is in place and up to date, including Method Statements, Risk Assessments, and COSHH assessments.
- Provide advice, guidance, and training to the workforce and management team on Health and Safety matters.
- Ensure that all employees and subcontractors are aware of their responsibilities for Health and Safety and that they are provided with the necessary training and resources to fulfil those responsibilities.
- Attend and participate in Health and Safety meetings with the client and other stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with changes in Health and Safety legislation, attending relevant training courses, and disseminating information to the workforce and management team.
- Degree Qualified or NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety role within the construction industry.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle.
To find out more information, please contact Adrian Sheridan for a confidential discussion on +353 83 116 6852 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply now.
If you are seeking a position in the construction industry but the above doesn’t match your criteria, please do not hesitate to contact me as many other exciting opportunities exist nationwide.ProSource Group is a specialist Irish recruitment company whose primary focus is recruiting within the Construction & Civil Engineering industries throughout Ireland and Europe