Health & Safety Advisor
- 16 Feb 2024
- Permanent / Full Time
ProSource Group are working with one of Ireland’s leading Mechanical, Electrical & Maintenance Contracting Companies. Since the companies inception they have established themselves as a leading multi-disciplined projects company who have gained significant experience across a wide range of business sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centres, Healthcare, and large Commercial Projects. Due to their continued growth they are seeking a Health & Safety advisor to ad to their team.Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular, formal/ informal site audits, observation and carrying out
- required inspections as directed in the Safety Management System and applicable legislation.
- Ensure records of statutory inspections are kept up to date for all activities, and plant equipment.
- Liaising with site supervision on shortfalls, necessary improvements, and report back to EHS manager.
- Investigating Incident and accidents and capturing onto the HSMS
- Accompany and assist with site Inspection visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees and contractors working on site.
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Serving as representative at H&S related weekly site meetings and keeping minutes.
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for Contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement, relevant documentation and records as well as required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating RAMS.
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Site safety equipment like fire extinguishers and first aid box inspections.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Liaising with management in relation to Training requirements
- Facilitating toolbox talks.
- Assisting with ISO audit compliance, and H & S related assistance when required by the H&S Manager and Director.
- Liaising with main contractors and their site safety teams.
- Attending department meetings.
- Recognised EHS Qualification
- 1 years’ minimum experience
- Previous experience with M&E Contractors on Construction Sites a distinct advantage
- Capacity to multi-task across multiple sites
- IT Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Valid Irish Driver’s license required
- Valid SAFE PASS and Manual handling certificates
- Valid working permit
- Team Player must demonstrate works collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To find out more information, please contact Philip Dobson for a confidential discussion on +353 86 158 5311 or at email@example.com, or apply now.
ProSource Group is a specialist Irish recruitment company whose primary focus is recruiting within the Construction & Civil Engineering industries throughout Ireland and Europe.