- 14 Nov 2023
- Permanent / Full Time
ProSource are delighted to be working with a major Engineering company seeking an experienced cost accountant to join the team in Limerick.
This exciting role will be mainly office based, there is an opportunity for hybrid working after completing probation.
Your responsibilities will include:
Skills & Experience:
- Cost Estimation: Estimating project costs by analysing project requirements, materials, labour, equipment, and overhead costs. Creating detailed cost breakdowns and cost projections.
- Budgeting: Developing project budgets by allocating costs to various project activities and milestones. Ensuring each project stays within its financial constraints.
- Cost Control: Monitoring and controlling project expenditures to ensure they align with the approved budget. Track actual costs and compare them to the budgeted costs, identifying and addressing any cost overruns.
- Variance Analysis: Analysing and reporting on cost variances between budgeted and actual costs.
- Cost Allocation: Allocating indirect costs, such as administrative expenses, to various projects in a fair and accurate manner.
- Cost Reporting: Generating regular financial reports and dashboards to provide project managers and senior management with insights into the financial health of the projects.
- Forecasting: Preparing financial forecasts and projections to anticipate future project costs and financial needs, which will aid in resource planning and project management.
- Risk Analysis: Assessing the financial risks associated with the projects and developing strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Compliance: Ensuring compliance with accounting standards, tax regulations, and company policies.
- Cost Optimization: Identifying opportunities for cost savings and process improvements within the projects.
- Documentation: Maintaining detailed financial records and documentation for audit purposes and project evaluation.
- Cost Tracking: Utilising specialised cost tracking and project management software to streamline and automate various accounting tasks.
- Communication: Collaborating with project managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to provide financial insights and recommendations, and to address any financial concerns.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Worked in Industry for at least 3 years PQE (ideally in Ireland or Europe).
- Knowledge of the Construction/ Engineering Sector - desirable but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting principles and techniques, including cost allocation, variance analysis, and cost forecasting.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and the ability to interpret financial data and trends.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, as cost accountants need to work closely with project managers.
- Experience in creating project budgets and financial forecasts, and tracking actual vs. budgeted costs.
- Proficiency in data analysis and the use of software tools like Microsoft Excel, financial modelling software, and project management software.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with project teams and present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Precision and attention to detail are crucial in cost accounting to ensure accurate cost tracking and reporting.
1. 21 Days Annual Leave (Plus Public Holidays)
2. Phone/ Laptop
3. Death & Disability Cover (immediately)
4. Pension (5% funding - applies after probation)
5. Potential to earn a bonus x% of salary.
6. Annual Salary review with progression support.
Got what it takes to become the new Cost Manager - apply now!ProSource Group is a specialist Irish recruitment company whose primary focus is recruiting Finance professionals for the Financial roles in Ireland.